Writing your own selection criteria for a government application? Make sure you check out these tools to write a winning criteria that gets results.
Performance Reviews: If you keep them you should have all the quotes and statistics you need to back your claims up with evidence. Employers love evidence.
Written References: These are awesome source to take quotes from. You can add them to your criteria to support to your claims
Official Job Descriptions: Are you stuck on words to describe your role or how you perform it? Cheat and get ideas from your official job description that someone else has already written for you.
Resume: I have only once written a selection criteria without a copy of the clients resume and I will NEVER do this again. It’s very difficult and hard to have any idea what you are talking about. Keep a copy of your resume beside you as you draft ideas.
Free Courses: What do you do if you stumble upon a criteria that you have zero experience in? Get some free training. My favourite is www.alison.com. They cover courses from accounting to marketing to household budgets and all their courses are free with the ability to print a transcript of your results at the end. These courses are not accredited but you can still use them under the ‘Professional Development’ section of your resume and use them in your criteria to show your knowledge. Alison is ridiculously easy to sign up for and you can work at your own pace which gives you plenty of time to finish before the application closing date.
Need more help putting your selection criteria for your government application together? Get in touch, I offer a number of services designed to help you get the job you love:)
Want to Win At Your Selection Criteria? Check out the DIY Selection Criteria Package Only $19
What is the DIY Selection Criteria Package?
It’s a ‘Done For You, Do It Yourself’ Selection Criteria Solution
How does it work?
It’s a three step process to create a winning criteria.
Step One – Fill in the super simple question sheet which will pinpoint your achievements and highlight your strengths.
Step Two – Fill in the blanks on our ready to go, copy and paste selection criteria templates.
Step Three – Copy and paste your completed response onto a word document and your selection criteria is ready to be submitted to the employer.
What’s In the Package?
• A ‘Selection Criteria Questions’ list which will pinpoint all your achievements so you present a selection criteria that sells. Even if you have never written selection criteria before, this list will make sure you have enough examples to present a winning criteria.
• 27 Pages of ‘Done For You’ copy and paste templates for you to fill in the blanks using the examples you gathered using the questions list.
• Over 80+ real life selection criteria examples used in real applications so you know exactly what you need and what people have used in the past.
• Access to an online video that will show you step by step how to create a winning criteria.
As a bonus you will also receive for free:
• A copy of the ‘Career Camp’ Ebook which comes jam packed with activities designed to help you find the job of your dreams.
• A voucher for the ‘Get The Job You Love’ Boot Camp which is a 30 day program designed to get you a job you love in 30 days or less.
Usually $49. Sale On. Very Limited Time Only